Eden was having a tough day (we're thinking teething), but she was still the cutest little Snow White ever. That sweet costume was the best! I couldn't have loved her first year. Happy Birthday, Eden Rose!!
Friday, October 31, 2014
Thursday, October 30, 2014
I just did a big shoot documenting my girl starting school. Kindergarten.
So, we kept it low key for her 6 year session.
She is getting to be so grown up.
She says things that make me do a double take.
Sometimes I'm not sure how she is just a little girl.
She's wise beyond her years.
She is silly. She is hilarious. She is full of energy.
She is LOUD.
See that look in her eyes?
She is crazy.
She can't help it.
She's a scorpio.
She's full of attitude and sass.
Her answers to our yearly questions:
1. What is your favorite color? pink & blue
2. What is your favorite toy? legos & princesses. And Hippo!
3. What is your favorite fruit? strawberries
4. What is your favorite tv show? Little Einsteins
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? pickles
6. What is your favorite outfit? Dresses! Beautiful dresses!
7. What is your favorite game? Hide & Go Seek
8. What is your favorite snack? fruit bunnies
9. What is your favorite animal? Horses and unicorns and pegasuses and ponies
10. What is your favorite song? When you sing horses at bedtime
11. What is your favorite book? Flapdoodle Dinosaurs
12. Who is your best friend? Kansas May
13. What is your favorite thing about school? playing outside at recess
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? playing castle
15. What is your favorite drink? Lemonade
16. What is your favorite holiday? Easter. I like finding eggs
17. Where's your favorite place to go? Glow Galaxy (you have never been, but your party will be there)
18. What is your favorite movie? Frozen
19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday? CAKE
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? A teacher.
I had the conversation recently that photos can be so deceiving and let me just tell you that this is one of those times. I arranged for us to have the zoo carousel all to ourselves for a bit. Averie was so excited and I was too. However, I probably should not have set it up right after she got out of school. She was tired. She fell asleep in the car on the way there and woke up a total turd. It was not what either of us had in mind at all, but toward the end we started having some laughs and she got to the ride the carousel with no one else around. That was pretty cool...
Oh, how I love her giggle.
The universe has big things in store for this girl.
Averie Grace, you are ridiculously awesome. I can't believe I have only known you for six years, yet I can't believe how fast that time has flown. As much as I want to keep you little, I love watching you grow up. I love the sparkle and mischief in your eyes. I love every single thing about you.
Happy Birthday baby girl.
Wednesday, October 29, 2014
Griffin napped for half of his session and we still got the cutest images. He is such a happy little guy, but he was not a fan of laying on the cold floor. Who could blame him?!? And does it get any more adorable than a naked baby butt? I think not.
Tuesday, October 28, 2014
Jade decided to pee on me at the very beginning of her session...
While I was sitting...
She was in my lap...
So, I looked like I had peed myself for the rest of her session.
Good thing she was perfect the rest of the time. ;)
Isn't she delicious??
I have been photographing this clan since Greer was a tiny guy and this was the final baby session for this family. *tear* I've been seeing them for so often for SO long that it's going to be so strange not seeing them every 3 months. We got the cutest Christmas shots of this clan today, but I can't ruin their cards by posting. :)
Happy belated birthday to Miss MaryBlaire!!
At every session during Avery's first year I heard about the beautiful family farm that we were going to have to shoot at when she was a little older. I finally got a chance to see it yesterday and spend this girl's 2nd birthday with her. Let me just tell you that I could have easily shot there ALL day. It was absolutely gorgeous!! Avery showed me how she feeds her donkeys and we got to visit the cows as well. This girl just stole my heart all over again. We ended on top of one of their magical hills watching the sunset. So dreamy.
Happy Birthday, Miss Avery!
SOOO great to see you again Amanda & Shawn! Thanks for having out at the farm.