Oh, my beautiful 7 year-old girl.
That just sounds so old.
Part of me wants you to stay little forever, but I love the person you are becoming as you grow up.
I am so lucky to be your mommy.
You are such a sensitive soul. You are sympathetic. You are heart-breakingly emotional. It doesn't take much for you to go from one extreme to the other. I LOVE your sweet spirit, but you crying over the silliest things drives me batty.
You are so wise. Your thoughts sometimes make me wonder what you must have done in a past life. You are intuitive and thoughtful.
You are also really bossy. I have no idea where that comes from...
Your giggle is the very best in the world.
Those big kid teeth make you look way too old though.
You are our little bookworm and that makes me so happy. Your dad and I are big readers and one of your favorite places to go is a bookstore. You can sit and read for hours.
Her answers to our yearly questions:
1. What is your favorite color? rainbow
2. What is your favorite toy? Legos (AND HIPPO)
3. What is your favorite fruit? (strawberries)
4. What is your favorite tv show? Teen Titans Go
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? Sunbutter & Jelly
6. What is your favorite outfit? PJs
7. What is your favorite game? Sorry
8. What is your favorite snack? Hummus
9. What is your favorite animal? Unicorn Pegasus
10. What is your favorite song? Feeling Good (Michael Buble')
11. What is your favorite book? I love all books!
12. Who is your best friend? Olivia
13. What is your favorite thing about school? We get to go outside and play
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? Play Hide & Go Seek
15. What is your favorite drink? Almond milk
16. What is your favorite holiday? Halloween
17. Where's your favorite place to go? The zoo
18. What is your favorite movie? The Evil Thing
19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday? Panera
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? A Zookeeper
I love our talks as you are getting ready to sleep at night. You say the sweetest things and that is one of my favorite times of the day. Snuggling, reading, and singing together is so good for both of our souls.
You are hilarious and get goofier as you get older. I love your sass (most of the time) and your funny faces.
If I had to pick one image that best sums up your personality, it would be this one:
Happy Birthday to my favorite girl in the universe.
You are so special, Averie Grace.
I love you!!