Monday, October 17, 2011

Emily & Randall's Wedding Photo Do-Over: Smyrna, TN Wedding Photographer

If I could tell you how many times I hear people talk about how much they wish they had better wedding photos, took more time to research their photographer, or had a chance to do it all over again... 

Back in May, I held a photo contest for couples that were not pleased with their wedding photos. I couldn't believe the stories I heard! After narrowing my picks down to three, a vote was held on my facebook fanpage and this was the winning image:



From the bride:

"OMG....Brooke Kelly...it's like you are telling the story of my wedding! Here’s the short story….We had a destination wedding. Hired a photographer we found online (yes, I know…stupid). She showed up in jeans reeking of cigarette smoke. Took our photos (or so we thought). 6 months goes by and we still have NO wedding photos. She calls us and tells us her house burned down and most of our negatives were in the fire (little did we know that she had used this story with many many many clients from the past). She sent us a box of photos that were not burned (also reeking like smoke). Here is what we have. Needless to say, I am glad we put disposable cameras on everyone’s table.

PS-she took almost ALL of our wedding photos with the lens used in this photo. Because I really wanted all of my pictures to be photographed through a keyhole. Oh, and the best part is, because she used this lens, every single photo is backwards from how it actually was. (i.e. look at the text on the Southern Most Pointe)"
 
 
I met with Randall and Emily yesterday to try and give them the wedding photos they wished they had gotten the first time around. One of my favorite stylists, Sylvia Fox with Seriously Foxy donated her time to do Emily's fabulous hair and makeup. The wonderfully talented Tiffanie Elliott with Elliott Events donated the gorgeous bouquet and boutonniere. {Contact the amazing ladies if you want to work with the best!} Thank you both SO very much for being so generous with your time and talents.
 
Emily and Randall, I had so much fun with you two. I hope you love, love, love your images and thanks for being such great sports about the whole day. Without further ado...
 
 















 

*Thanks to the B family for letting us use their property!!
*Thanks to Dave for assisting!

6 comments:

Emily Foster said...

OMG Brooke! Amazing. That is the only word I have to describe these. Thank you so much for this opportunity. Randy and I are so grateful!

Sylvia said...

LOVE them all! So sweet! :)

Shannon Nelson Photography said...

These are really cute and well deserved. PLEASE have another contest soon. It was so much fun reading all the stories !!

Nicole Elliott said...

This was the best contest ever...and the result is awesome! I know they will cherish these photos...you are amazing!

Unknown said...

they turned out BEAUTIFUL Emily!! you must be over the moon!! !

Candy Howard said...

Gorgeous!!! Love them all!