Friday, December 23, 2011

Ryatt Oliver, A Birth Story: Nashville Birth Photographer {Middle Tennessee Childbirth Photographer}

People often ask what's my favorite thing to photograph?
It's this.



Victoria and Mitchell graciously invited me to be a part of Ryatt Oliver's birthday today. I got the call last night that Victoria's water had broken (2 1/2 weeks early) and I barely slept waiting to hear progress. Around 7:00AM, Mitchell told me that she had been at 3cm all night and that things were happening slowly. Fast forward to 8:30AM, and he texted me that she was at 8cm. I hopped in my car and sped the whole way there.

When I arrived at 9:00AM, Victoria had just gotten her epidural and was waiting for it to kick in. She was such a rock star throughout the whole birth and I am extremely honored to be able to witness Ryatt's arrival into the world. Here's the story...

























Time to push...











 An hour later, Victoria was hanging tough...









12:11PM
The moment everyone's been waiting for.
 
 






Instead of handing the baby to Mom, the doctor handed the baby to Dad. It caught him a little off guard, but the good news is he didn't seem to mind at all...




Then it was Mom's turn.



6.11 oz    19.5 in




Ryatt is perfect. 














Time to meet big sister, Kylar. She was beaming with pride. Love the next few shots...









Victoria and Mitchell, I don't have the words to tell you how excited I am for you. Thank you for letting me be a part of Ryatt's birth, and thank you both for being such amazing friends. Love you guys!!


Welcome to the world, Ryatt Oliver.









11 comments:

Amanda said...

These are amazing! I wish I would have thought to do that with Ryland. I'm seriously fighting back tears looking at these. Just amazing.....

chesley said...

Amazing as usual!!!

Stacy said...

Incredible! Thank you Brooke for being there today and capturing this precious day for us!

Shannon Nelson Photography said...

You are soooooo good Brooke ! Fantastic !

Candy Howard said...

Gorgeous!!

Nicole Elliott said...

These are my favorite to read too...such an amazing miracle. And as always, you do a beautiful job capturing it.

Color Laser toner cartridges said...

This is amazing!!

Susanne said...

Thank-you Brooke for capturing some fantastic pictures of such a beautiful day, these pictures will always be a treasure. You are a Blessing.

Grandma Mitchell

angicupcakes said...

The pictures are incredible and fantastic!! A precious baby!!! X.O.X.O

http://angicupcakes.blogspot.com/

Apaixonante said...

Oi !
vi suas fotos e adorei! Parabéns pelo trabalho!

Girlane Brandão

Samantha B said...

What an amazing shoot. I wish I had known there was a photographer brave enough to face a birth, I would have hired you in a second! We lucked out having some nurse friends in the room who knew how to work a camera, but still, your work is amazing. Great job! I know the family will cherish these always!