Thursday, October 30, 2014

Averie Grace, 6 years: Nashville Zoo Photoshoot


I just did a big shoot documenting my girl starting school. Kindergarten. 
So, we kept it low key for her 6 year session. 



She is getting to be so grown up. 
She says things that make me do a double take. 
Sometimes I'm not sure how she is just a little girl. 
She's wise beyond her years.






She is silly. She is hilarious. She is full of energy.

She is LOUD.




See that look in her eyes?
She is crazy
She can't help it. 
She's a scorpio.





She's full of attitude and sass. 



Her answers to our yearly questions:
1. What is your favorite color?  pink & blue
2. What is your favorite toy? legos & princesses. And Hippo!
3. What is your favorite fruit? strawberries
4. What is your favorite tv show? Little Einsteins
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? pickles
6. What is your favorite outfit? Dresses! Beautiful dresses! 
7. What is your favorite game? Hide & Go Seek
8. What is your favorite snack? fruit bunnies
9. What is your favorite animal? Horses and unicorns and pegasuses and ponies
10. What is your favorite song? When you sing horses at bedtime
11. What is your favorite book? Flapdoodle Dinosaurs
12. Who is your best friend? Kansas May
13. What is your favorite thing about school? playing outside at recess
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? playing castle
15. What is your favorite drink? Lemonade
16. What is your favorite holiday? Easter. I like finding eggs
17. Where's your favorite place to go? Glow Galaxy (you have never been, but your party will be there)
18. What is your favorite movie?  Frozen
19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday? CAKE
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? A teacher.







I had the conversation recently that photos can be so deceiving and let me just tell you that this is one of those times. I arranged for us to have the zoo carousel all to ourselves for a bit. Averie was so excited and I was too. However, I probably should not have set it up right after she got out of school. She was tired. She fell asleep in the car on the way there and woke up a total turd. It was not what either of us had in mind at all, but toward the end we started having some laughs and she got to the ride the carousel with no one else around. That was pretty cool...




Oh, how I love her giggle.



The universe has big things in store for this girl.





Averie Grace, you are ridiculously awesome. I can't believe I have only known you for six years, yet I can't believe how fast that time has flown. As much as I want to keep you little, I love watching you grow up. I love the sparkle and mischief in your eyes. I love every single thing about you. 
Happy Birthday baby girl.









No comments: