Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Mitch & Lauren: Franklin Engagement Photographer {Southall Eden}




There is always something special about getting to photograph your friends during exciting times in their lives. This session gets an extra boost of awesome because these two just so happened to meet at my wedding almost 5 years ago!

Lauren's older sister and I became best friends in the 5th grade and I have grown up feeling like part of their family. We even took Lauren to her first club when she turned 18 so we could "protect" her from all the stupid guys who were trying to grind against her on the dance floor. Ha ha ha! Over the years, she has gone from "little sister" to just one of the girls. I love seeing how happy Mitch makes her and vice versa. They were like giddy nerds yesterday at their shoot (Harry Potter books and all).  ;)


















 What is one word people would use to describe you as a couple?

Home-bodies





 What are your favorite "together" activities?

playing catch and snuggling up and watching a movie








What is something crazy you have done together?

Whale watching, it was crazy and amazing!









Where was your first date? What did you do?

We went Oktoberfest and drank beer, ate bad food, and laid in the grass talking






Where did your proposal take place?
 It was our four year anniversary and we decided to take a picnic at Percy Warner park. He prepared everything even down to the playlist. As we were parking, a bicyclist ran into his car and scratched up the front. He remained completely calm and waved the person off. Never giving away he was about to propose, and it is a very memorable part of our story.






What makes him/her sexy to you?
 Mitch:The way that she looks at me over her shoulder 

Lauren:His smile and the way it makes his eyes crinkle 








 How would you describe your style?

laid-back & casual cute





What do you both do for a living?

Mitch : works for Gibson guitar

Lauren: NICU nurse






I love you two and I can't wait for your wedding (which I believe falls on Oktoberfest this year...how fitting. Maybe we should swing by there first. Hee hee)!



xoxo





{Special thanks to Southall Eden}







9 comments:

Phoebe said...

These are fantastic!!! I love this last one! Too funny! It looks like you guys had a great time!

Phoebe said...

So very happy for you guys!

Unknown said...

The last shot is hilarious...love these, the location and you guys :)

Can't wait to be apart of your day!!

southall Eden said...

Beautiful work Brooke! Such a cute couple!

Unknown said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! I can't wait to have Mitch "officially" be a part of this awesome family :)

And I already told Lauren that Erik and I WILL be running in the Oktoberfest 5k and drinking our free beer that morning! I also promised to change out of my beer girl outfit before the wedding!

Shannon Nelson Photography said...

Why are you so awesome ?

Robert Y. Kinsall said...

I am so happy for my Son & Lauren, now YOU have me crying with JOY!!!!

Cathy (Cat or C) Edwards Kinsall said...

Great shots Brooke. I love my Mitch very.....very much. But I am ready to give him away to Lauren, I know she will take good care of him. And he has waited a long time for her. Love to you both!!!! Mom

Nicole Elliott said...

I need to say several things...

1. LOVE LOVE LOVE - the people in the these photos, the person who took these photos, and the photos!

2. The floral dress looks so cute on Lauren and it photographed beautifully!

3. Yay for finally getting her barn!

4. Great job on hair and make-up Christina!

5. Fun props all around! Shout out to great-grandma's quilt and the thrift store finds :)

6. Love that light coming in from the barn in those first photos!

7. This took me waaaaay to long to comment on, but I did look at them right away.

8. in closing, LOVE LOVE LOVE.

The End.