Sunday, August 8, 2010

The Howards: Destination Photographer, Tybee Island

I spent the past 6 days on vacation with my hubby, kiddos, sister and her clan. My sister lives about 7 hours away from me and we had never actually taken our families on a "vacation" together. She is also a photographer, so when we planned our trip to Tybee Island, we knew we wanted to exchange shoots. We had been discussing ideas and props for awhile, but once we got ready and went to actually take pictures--we were both disappointed with the crazy strong winds that pretty much knocked out any ideas we wanted to do.

 Between the wacko wind storms, kids that didn't listen, lights not working, lenses fogging, etc...I don't think either of us got what we "wanted." However, I have to say that I love the pictures of my sis and her family just having fun and acting silly. She may kill me for some of these shots, but I don't care. She is just gorgeous, my nephews are complete hams, and her hubby even really, genuinely smiled (which he never does for photos).

I love you, Candy, Jason, Jack, and Sam. We had the best time with you guys! However, I am happy to be sleeping in my own bed tonight.  ;)

6 comments:

p.o.s.h. said...

I think they are awesome! And Candy is beautiful...

I'm so glad you guys had a fabulous time :)

Love you!!

Phoebe said...

Love them! I'm excited to see yours! Does she have a blog that we can see them on!

So glad you're home!

Kate Andrews said...

These are amazing! I love how you can tell how deeply Candy feels about her family! Candy seems - and I think IS - completely happy with her life and it shows! only a sister - not to mention a FANTASTIC photographer - could pick that up! also? Candy is as gorgeous as she was at 17, if not more so!!

i know a lot of the people you photograph - maybe about 35% - and while it is really nice to be able to put an emotion or a memory or even just a name with your photographs, but if I were a complete stranger and looking at your pics, I think I would feel the same and I cannot say that about many other photographers!

Also, this made me lonely for my family!

Candy Howard said...

You are superduperfabulous! Thank you so much!!!

Kami said...

Love them, Brooke! We want to see yours now ;)

ashrehorn said...

Oh Wow! I can't say enough. These are WAY too fun! You look amazing Can!